::  

 Contact

  ::  

 Liens utiles

  ::  

 Adresses utiles

  ::  

 Plan et accès

In 1922, Madame Faure-Favier, who was a journalist on the daily newspaper "Le Temps", was asked to cover the inauguration of a bust in honour of writer Rémy de Gourmont at Coutances.

As there was no aerodrome in this Episcopal town, her plane had to land on moorland near Lessay where the fair usually took place.  She suggested to the town’s mayor at that time, Monsieur Fauvel, that he should build an aerodrome.

The project became reality in December 1923 when 88 hectares of land was sold to the French Navy.

On 4 June 1927, after his amazing Atlantic crossing, the famous aviator Charles Lindbergh landed at Lessay before going on to Cherbourg for his return journey to the United-States by ship.

In 1980 the aerodrome at Lessay was named after him.