::  

 Contact

  ::  

 Liens utiles

  ::  

 Adresses utiles

  ::  

 Plan et accès

Once called Focherville, Saint-Germain-sur-Ay owes its current name to Saint-Germain of Scotland who went under the name of Saint-Germain à la Rouelle, evangelist of the Cotentin.


Saint-Germain-sur-Ay has been a famous seaside resort since the last century and was a major port on the west coast of the Manche. Of interest are the fortified Romanesque church dating from the 12th C and the guard room built in 1669 to watch over the port and the coastline.


There is also a priory, in the village, close to the church, and founded in 1150 by Richard of La Haye-du-Puits. It was once a dependency of Mont-St-Michel.

Open the map (PDF)