::  

 Contact

  ::  

 Liens utiles

  ::  

 Adresses utiles

  ::  

 Plan et accès

The abbey church is an 11th C Romanesque building with vaulted roof from an earlier period.  The monastery and church were partially destroyed during bombing raids in 1944 and have been restored to their original glory under the supervision of Yves-Marie Froidevaux, chief architect of Monuments Historiques.

The 18th C convent buildings are not open to the public.  The abbey church is open daily for unguided visits from 9 am to 7 pm.  Guided tours available on request.

“Nocturnes de l’Abbaye de Lessay”: evening guided tours of the abbey with characters in period dress.  “Les Heures Musicales de l’Abbaye de Lessay” : seasonal festival of classical music. 

Information and bookings at the Tourist Office on 02.33.45.14.34

Reference books on sale at the Tourist Office : “L’Abbaye de Lessay” by Michel Pinel; “L’Abbaye de Lessay” published by Zodiac;“L’Ancienne Abbaye de Lessay” by Rubillon du Lattay; “Mon Vieux Lessay” by Georges Desdevises du Dézert.